When you look at a map of the North Shore you may notice two small towns north of Beverly. While they may be separated on the map, to locals, these neighboring towns are simply known as Hamilton-Wenham.
Together Hamilton-Wenham has a combined population of 12,500 residents. The towns include a variety of classic New England homes, beautiful trails, and picturesque tree-lined roads. Though they may be more inland than other North Shore towns I’ve covered, Hamilton-Wenham is still bordered on the south by Beverly and on the east by Manchester-by-the-Sea making it a quick drive to the beach and only about 20 miles from Boston. Additionally, the MBTA Commuter Rail provides service from Boston’s North Station to the Hamilton/Wenham station via the Newburyport/Rockport Line.
Even though these towns are small, Hamilton-Wenham has enough community, opportunity, nature, and activities for these towns to stand strong alone and together! Interested in relocating? Check out these top spots in Hamilton-Wenham.
GROCERIES & SNACKS
Honeycomb is a local bakery and café that focuses on bringing beautiful foods and products to Hamilton. Their bakers and baristas spent years perfecting their delicious recipes made with the finest ingredients.
Want farm-fresh produce? Tendercrop Farm sources its products from local farms across New England. Stop in and get everything from produce, meat, and baked goods to flowers and gifts.
There’s nothing like a warm cup of tea. Chef Brenden Crocker serves a proper tea, lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch, too! The patio is the perfect spot on a warm spring day.
It can be hard to find a good bagel, but it’s easy at the Bagel Shop! With locations across the North Shore, the Bagel shop is a local staple for an everything with cream cheese and lox!
- Enjoy a home away from home at 15 Walnut Tavern + Kitchen. The relaxed institution is a great spot for unique cocktails and eclectic eats like sushi, burgers, BBQ & more. I highly recommend the fried Brussels sprouts!
- Small but mighty, the Weathervane Tavern is a local favorite! The homestyle cuisine and cozy and comfortable atmosphere make for a great night out for the whole family.
- Black Cow is a top spot for classic American eats and one of the best restaurants in the area! From their vintage marquee sign, outdoor bar, stylish decor, and extensive menu you’re sure to have a great time at BC.
THINGS TO DO
It’s all about the community in Hamilton Wenham! Explore museums, events, nature, and the surrounding towns for a variety of fun for all ages.
The Wenham Museum celebrates childhood, interprets history, and explores a variety of cultures through its collection of over 45,000 objects! The museum is perfect for all ages and even has amazing events like Silhouette Portrait Artist Painting, “First Dibs Shop and Sip” and more.
Want to get outside this spring? Hamilton-Wenham is full of great trails and activities. The Chebacco Woods Trails near Gordon College are some of my absolute favorites. The trails are well maintained and run beside a group of beautiful ponds that make my walks both easy and scenic!
If you’re looking for the whole family, try the Community House! Serving the Hamilton community for over 100 years, Community House is a pillar on the North Shore. It has music for kids, local theater, summer programs, and fun events like the Sweetheart Ball all year round! If you can’t make it to an event or production I highly recommend donating to this great institution.
Did you know the oldest polo club in America is right here in South Hamilton? Myopia Polo Club has been around since the late 1800s. Get your tickets now for one of their world-class summer Sunday matches!
- We can’t forget about the pets! The Natural Dog provides a wide selection of natural foods, whole food supplements, and environmentally friendly products for your dogs and cats.
- Connect with North Shore history at True North Gallery. They started as a gallery focused on indigenous art, and have expanded their collection to include art, fine craft, and creative gifts inspired by nature.
- Looking for the perfect gift? The Monogram Shop creates completely custom embroidered gifts right in downtown Hamilton! From backpacks and lunchboxes to totes and masks there’s nothing they can’t customize!
Looking to buy or sell in Hamilton-Wenham? Contact me to learn more.