The North Shore’s best-kept secret, Beverly, has something to offer for the whole family. “The Garden City,” only 40 minutes away from Boston’s downtown, has easy access to the city, beach, countryside and beautiful wildlife. Beverly is also a commuter’s dream! It has 4 (yes, 4!) commuter rail stops: North Beverly, Beverly Depot, Beverly Farms, and Montserrat.
Beverly has come up around families. They have a variety of public and private schools, a top-tier hospital and a downtown full of fun businesses big and small. From delicious restaurants, arts centers and theaters you and your family may never have to travel outside of town to find everything you need.
Between its amazing schools and low crime rates, Beverly is the perfect home base for you and your family.
Got a sweet tooth? Beverly is the best place to find delicious cupcakes and treats. Stop by Crave for one of their signature breakfast sandwiches or cupcakes in flavors like Key Lime Pie or Salted Caramel Brownie.
If Key Lime isn’t your thing, check out Half Baked on your next beach day where every item is 100% peanut-free and 110% delicious!
For those looking for something a little more savory these are some great options:
- Henry’s Market– Great premade foods! We recommend their chicken pot pie, chicken salad and steak tips.
- Vidalias– Located in Beverly Farms, Vadalias specializes in farm-fresh produce and gourmet foods, signature sandwiches, and tempting home-baked treats
Once you’ve picked up your cupcakes, you’ll want to head to one of Beverly’s beautiful lookout spots.
One of Beverly’s most familiar landmarks, The LightHouse at Hospital Point, built in 1822, has spectacular views of Salem Sound.
For those looking to explore on foot, Beverly’s Lothrop Ave is a beautiful street full of historical homes perfect for an afternoon stroll.
Lynch Park is the perfect place for the whole family. This public park has ocean views, lush greens and an ice cream stand to help your kids cool off on a hot summer’s day.
Once you’ve stretched your legs along the coast, check out these delicious lunch and dinner options:
- Bonefish Harrys is a fun seafood saloon featuring great New England seafood cooked with an international flair. We especially love the fish tacos and breezy back patio.
- A&B Burger has the best burgers in town and a fun open front to sit on nice days
- FRANK Two words- high quality! FRANK is one of our absolute favorites- we can’t get enough!
- Rossetti is a must for anyone in the North Shore area. An Italian inspired dining experience, Rossetti has a great atmosphere, service and even better food.
- Tartine is an idyllic French café serving up wonderful quiches, tasty soups in a bright and chic atmosphere. It’s located right on Cabot Street and it’s the perfect place to grab a café au lait or to indulge in their extensive beer and wine list!
One of the best things about Beverly is that there is fun for the entire family!
If the adults are looking for a hoppy time, downtown Beverly is crawling with breweries!
Cabot Cinema, “An Irreplaceable North Shore Treasure” puts on a variety of films and concerts every year! We love the annual Porch Sessions sponsored by the Cabot which bring together amazing musicians every member of the family is sure to love.
Enjoy a night outside the box at the Castle, a game bar in town! Boasting a library of over 1,000 games, from simple roll and move board games to in depth strategy, Castle has something for everyone. They also have a full menu of snacks, burgers and drinks.
After the kids have gone to bed, enjoy a nightcap at Soma. Their menu is full of delicious bites and even better cocktails.